It’s time for some favorite links from the week! I hope you enjoy them just as much as I did!
My Favorite Recovery/Body Image Links
1. Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me – ‘Transformation Tuesday.’ Julia, in her compassionate, heartfelt way reminded me that eating disorders are to be taken seriously, and that we all need to continue sharing our struggles and victories IN JESUS, so that we can heal and others can heal.
2. Hayley @ Full of Life Blog – ‘I Trust Myself. I’m Running a Half Marathon.’ – I love that Hayley is so balanced when it comes to exercise and eating and rest. She really continues to challenge me to listen to my body instead of listening to the continual pressure to ‘be thin’ or ‘fit.’ The way she approaches training for a half-marathon is the way I would like to approach training for my next race, Lord willing!
3. Jess @ Fuel for Freedom – ‘Not Being Afraid to Ask for Seconds.’ – This is a challenge I’ve met when being with other girls who eat less than me. I began comparing my eating habits to theirs instead of listening to my own hunger. Jess addresses that it’s okay to ask for seconds. It’s okay to go back and fill up your plate with some more, and be grateful for every bite! A second bowl of soup has never hurt my hungry stomach.
4. Alison @ Sweetly Petite – ‘How I Plan to Conquer College Food Wise.’ – Alison is so sweet. She’s honest and transparent, and I know that her desire for recovery is real. She really is an inspiration and an example to me in her love for Jesus and wanting to care for the temple that God has given her.
5. Beauty Beyond Bones – ‘Lead Us Not.’ – This was beautiful! She beautifully touches the subject of knowing your weaknesses when it comes to recovery and being able to admit those. Your ability to admit weaknesses also signals your maturity. I know you will be encouraged when you read her post.
Giveaways – I found so many giveaways this week, that I wanted to share them for the blog readers.
1. Ashley @ My Food n’ Fitness Diaries is running a giveaway from one of my favorite brands of peanut butter. Peanut Butter & CO just came out with a seasonal peanut butter called ‘Pumpkin Spice.’ Those two words are enough to get me excited. O_o
2. Caitlin @ Healthy Tipping Point is doing the giveaway that may have gotten me the most excited. Gluten-free is a hard cuisine to cook for (getting easier all the time), but it’s especially hard to find gluten free cereal that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. General Mills is coming out with several version of their Cheerios that will be gluten free by virtue for removing traces of oats, barley, etcetra from them… You can go to Caitlin’s post to learn more about it, and you can also enter her giveaway!
3. Ashley @ A Lady Goes West is always doing the coolest sorts of giveaways, and this time she is doing a giveaway for these bars that look really really good. Some of the stats on the bar include that they are:
Gluten Free and MOIST! It is hard to find energy bars that are moist. That would make it an automatic (I hope) ‘love’ button for me, although I haven’t tried them yet.
4. Kayla @ Healthy Helper is running an apparel giveaway for some Soybu workout apparel. Their apparel is feminine, comfortable looking and I wouldn’t mind having a few Soybu pieces in my wardrobe. 😉
Any favorite links this week?
How was your Sunday?
We had a wonderful, awesome day of worship. The sermon was on ‘not hardening your heart’, something that I am often so guilty of in a world that is often filled with skeptics. Praying that I would have more and more of the faith of a little child day by day.