Sundays are one of my favorite days of the week. I love every day of the week, but Sunday has grown to have a deeper place in my heart, by God’s powerful work in me, over the past 4-5 years. I think, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized what a GIFT it is to be able to go to God’s house and worship in a special way with His people. I used to take it for granted, I’m sad to admit, but I’m thankful that God is constantly changing and convicting our hearts. It’s so wonderful to not be alone as a Christian and share in the joys of salvation and glorifying God every Sunday, and the last thing you want to have to think about on Sunday morning is rustling up a ‘hurried, stressed’ breakfast. The more I can bless my family by being ready the night before so that the morning of Sunday is restful, peaceful, and preparing our hearts for worship, the better. 🙂
Psalm 118:24, ‘This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.’
Psalm 122:1-2, ‘I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.’
I have undertaken in the last couple weeks, with the HUGE blessing of finding a great many bloggers who are always using their God given, creative juices to create recipes, to make a breakfast that will keep everybody well fed and focused on Sunday morning. I’m thankful that man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. I’m also thankful that God gave me the ability to prepare physical food for my family, so that they can be well nourished for the deep nourishment of the soul and the praise of our glorious God on Sundays.
In light of that Sunday morning challenge, I decided to reach out to the Bloggers Gonna Blog Foodies and asked for their BEST granola recipes. I love granola. It’s really filling. It has carbs. It usually has some sort of protein and fat in the form of oils or nuts, and it tastes really yummy! 🙂
Well, the girls BLEW me away yet, a third time, and shared a HUGE round-up of all kinds of different granola from ‘Strawberry Kiwi’ to ‘Grain Free Granola’ to ‘Cookie Dough Granola.’
I’m thankful that I can share this with you, and I hope it will provide some delicious Sunday morning fuel before worship! To God be the glory!
1. Cranberry Pecan Skillet Granola – Strength and Sunshine
2. Rosemary Chocolate Granola – Love Me Feed Me
3. Cookie Dough Granola – Love Me Feed Me (Personal Review: I did try this one so far, and wow, those little cookie dough ball bites in your granola were a TREAT!)
4. Peanut Butter Crave Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Granola – Athletic Avocado
5. The Most Amazing Triple Chocolate Granola – Athletic Avocado
6. Blueberry Ginger Granola – Healthy Helper (For National Blueberry Pie Day, may I add?)
7. Strawberry Kiwi Granola – Healthy Helper
8. No Sugar Added Apple Cinnamon Granola – Healthy Helper
9. Chocolate Coconut Protein Granola – Healthy Helper
10. Mixed Nut Granola – Bakes by Ranch Cookie
11. Winter Spice Granola – The Clean Eating Couple (I made this recipe today for another blogger friend!)
12. Honey Nut Clusters – Chronicles of Passion
15. Macadamia and Honey Ginger Granola – Chronicles of Passion
16. Grain Free Granola – A Traveling Wife
17. Coconut Pecan Granola – Joy Food Sunshine
18. Lemon Chia Seed Granola – Fooduzzi
19. No Crumbles Invited Granola – Let’s Get Up and Live (Don’t you love that name?)
20. Vegan Coconut Maple Tahini Granola – Diary of An Ex-Sloth
21. Cherry Almond Protein Granola – Fit Living Eats
22. Simple Homemade Granola – Hungry By Nature
23. Clean Chocolate Hazelnut Granola – Little Bits Of
And that would be it… I hope these are a blessing for your Sunday morning or any other morning! :))) Granola is one of my favorite cereals, and this was a bunch of fun to create. 🙂 Thank you to all the girls who contributed!
I pray these might be a blessing and make your Sunday more restful than ever in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 4:9, ‘So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.’
Exodus 31:17, ‘“It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed.”
Do you like granola?
What toppings would you put on a granola bowl (yogurt + granola + _____)?
Do you like Sundays? What do you enjoy about Sundays?
How do you usually prepare for Sundays, if you go to church?