Today’s ‘Saturday Stretching’ post is: ‘why I’m inflexible.’ I don’t stretch enough. As a result, I’m not flexible or strong or very balanced. With that ‘wonderful’ combination of 3 things, I’ve decided that it’s a good idea to participate in the #BosuStrong challenge put on by Fit Approach. I often think that this is God’s way of keeping me diligent to take care of my body, so I can better function and operate day by day.
When I stretch after a run (especially), I wish I looked like this:
Let’s be real, though, and I’ll admit, I look more like this:
I can’t believe its already week 3 of the #BosuStrong challenge, time flies when you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for balancing exercise, work, and time with the Lord (pretty well). This week its all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun!
Since we’re talking about stretching here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:
- I love to stretch my legs by doing hamstring stretches.
- My favorite total body stretch is the DOWNWARD DOG, because my calves are usually super tight after a run.
- I say when I do downward dog, it feels like my calves might rip.
- I stretch my mind by doing brain games and reading!
- I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by lifting heavier weights.
And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your mind and body, here are my fave 3 tips (tricks, advice, words of wisdom, etc):
- Listen to a lecture, sermon, or podcast while exercising.
- Keep studying after you graduate! Don’t ever give up on learning.
- Don’t neglect weight training. It may be hard, but it has helped me prevent injury (praise God!) and made me a more well-rounded athlete.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.