So… I was pretty excited to be able to participate in this Bob’s Red mill campaign this past month, and I was also excited to find out that Bob, founder of Bob’s Red Mill is a Christian? How awesome of a testimony is that? They run an amazing company, and their products are truly some of the BEST! 🙂
Well, I didn’t want to go for the typical protein shake or even smoothie, because there are people who are much more gifted at making those gorgeous smoothies and shakes than I am, so I decided to use the vanilla protein powder in one of my favorite desserts.
THE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE
But it’s hot here, so I didn’t want to be unkind to my family (although sadly, I am sometimes unkind) and heat the house unnecessarily… Thankfully when I do heat the house, they are extremely gracious. 🙂
Yet, no-bake is always easy, and my goals was to make it under 5 ingredients.
Here’s what happened. . .
First I put all the ingredients together in the food processor… Cuisinart food processors are THE BEST, hands down. I whirred them together, and then the most fun part came.
The fun part?
Who else likes feeling like a kid again and getting their fingers into the dough?
Don’t worry. I washed my hands before I commenced making them. (At least, I think I did.)
The ingredients came out as:
Peanut Butter and Company Crunchy Peanut Butter
Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder
Chocolate (to top it off)
- 3/4 c. honey or agave syrup
- 1/2 c. vanilla protein powder (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 small chocolate bar (any kind)
- Grease loaf pan or VERY small glass pan with coconut oil. Place peanut butter, coconut flour, protein powder, and agave nectar in the food processor. Whir together for approximately 30 seconds to one minute. Scrape the food processor out, and press the cookie dough into the pan. Top with your chocolate of choice. Freeze or refrigerate the bars until hard. (15 minutes for the Freezer or 30 minutes for the Refrigerator.) Cut up, and enjoy... 🙂
Now who is going to go make some peanut butter blondies?
Bob’s Red Mill is also hosting a #SummerStrong Instagram challenge the week of July 18th-23rd.
If you want to get a coupon to try your own Bob’s Red mill go to this link right here. This stuff is GOOD.
Coupon Link: http://www.bobsredmill.com/get-a-coupon.html
Make sure to tag the photo with: #summerstrong, #sweatpink, @fitapproach, and @bobsredmill!
Please ensure to tag in both the photograph and caption!
Who likes blondies?
Do you like no bake treats like me?
Have you tried Bob’s Red Mill protein powder?
Linking up with Amanda for all the other fun thinking, recipe, and … _____ posts. 🙂