Disclaimer: I received the Try About Time protein powder, Crazy Richards Peanut Butter, and Rachel’s Overnight Oats in exchange for recipes and a giveaway! All opinions on the products and the company are my own.
Who is ready for some smoothies that taste like your favorite fall pies that you make for your family at Thanksgiving or Christmas?
I was pondering on what to share with you for today’s ‘Take Care of Your Temple Tuesday’ with Alyssa... 🙂 (That girl is working so hard on college, and she amazes me that she continues to share a few blog posts! If you can, check out her post, a guest post from dear Cayanne! I’m so thankful God put this girl into my life.)
Well for today’s post, I thought? ‘Breakfast is my ABSOLUTE favorite meal, so why not share why I love eating breakfast everyday, and why I think it’s important for taking care of your body and fueling your mind, spirit, and soul for the day.
For me there are two kinds of breakfast that are essential, one even more than the other every day.
#1) This would be time in the Word. If I don’t start the day with Jesus’ words of life, the whole day is filled with me not being able to discern the lies of the devil, succumbing to sin, being proud, and stumbling along all day instead of living by Jesus’ words of life.
These words from John 6 really convicted me yesterday. Why do I focus on physical calories when God promises to provide (Matthew 6) and so quickly forget the nourishment of the soul?
‘ Then Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from Heaven, but My Father giveth you the true bread from Heaven. For the bread of God is He that cometh down from Heaven, and giveth life unto the world.” Then they said unto Him, “Lord, evermore give us this bread.”
And Jesus said unto them, “I am the Bread of Life. He that cometh to Me shall never hunger, and he that believeth in Me shall never thirst. But I said unto you that ye also have seen Me, and believe not.’
It’s a struggle, but I am thankful that the Lord constantly is shepherding me back to His Word and the Words of life and truth there.
#2) Then there would be a breakfast of physical food, because FOOD (calories) is a gift from God too! 🙂
Breakfast has become important for me for several reasons:
A. It gives time to sit and meditate on what I learned through time in the Word.
B. It gives time to think about the day, be quiet, and greet my family in the morning.
C. It gives me time to count blessings and marvel at God’s mercy that I don’t deserve but that He so graciously pours out on me everyday.
That brings me to the whole point of this post… I’m not going to reprimand you for NOT eating breakfast, because I’m not a legalist or someone who wants to shove this at you if you’re not a breakfast eater.
I do love breakfast, so I was pretty excited to start a ‘smoothie series’ with Crazy Richards PB, Try About Time Protein, and Rachel’s Overnight Oats at the beginning of this month. Surprisingly a lot of these have the themes of my favorite kinds of pie:
Peanut Butter Pie
I posted sneak peeks on Instagram, and now I’m finally ready to share PART I of the series, for any of you who are:
Busy College Students
You Want to Love Breakfast
and the list could go on, but I have 6 recipes for you today that include ingredients like:
(not all in one smoothie)
Without further delay, for the collaboration with some of my favorite brands, I want to encourage you that breakfast is not hard to make.
Most of these can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less, and that they are all filling, delicious, ‘fallish’, and full of so much of God’s bounteous foods.
Number one would have to be this beautifully colored one. Erin from Erin’s Inside Job gave me the idea of putting squash, yes, squash, in your smoothies, and this one (though it doesn’t taste like it) has squash in it. However, you will have to wait till Part II, Lord willing, of the round-up to see the smoothies with squash in them.
I present you with:
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 cup water (or almond milk)
- 1/2 tbsp. Crazy Richards Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Crazy Richards Peanut Butter
- Granola (optional)
- Cookies (optional)
- Throw everything into the blender.... And mix it up. It takes about 1-2 minutes for everything to blend. I have a Vitamix, so if you have a less powerful blender, make sure that your ingredients are in smaller chunks so you don't get your blender stuck or overheated. <3 The creamy deliciousness is certainly another reminder of God's provision.
Then there was the very first one I did…. I was thinking, ‘Would peanut butter go well in a pumpkin themed smoothie?’ The pumpkin cravings were really strong; I’m really amazed at how God created the beauty of different seasons and the different, delicious, varied flavors that come with each.
Pumpkin has to be one of those that is UP THERE for me!
Speaking of which, have you checked out this pumpkin round-up? Or maybe you could make Kat’s PUMPKIN bars that she shared all over social media last week or Bethany and Rachel’s paleo pumpkin bars that are being devoured in our kitchen today?
Well this ‘Pumpkin Pie Smoothie’ contains almost all the ingredients that I thought would make a good smoothie (without raw eggs).
Cinnamon and more….
And here is the recipe!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 c. Rachel's Oats
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp. coconut creamer (or milk or nondairy milk)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 graham cracker
- 1 tbsp. Crazy Richards Peanut Butter
- Mix pumpkin, apple sauce, oats, yogurt, coconut creamer (or milk), cinnamon, pear, and milk in a bowl. Put in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning stick it all in the blender; blend and enjoy!
The smoothie fun does not stop there, but it continues… with something that is along the lines of:
Chocolate and Cherries?
Have you ever had those ‘Queen Anne’ Cherry chocolates that usually come around Valentine’s Day or is it Christmas? Well, this has those flavors, but it’s not quite as sweet, deep, rich, chocolatey and SUPER SUPER wonderful for a beautiful start to a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or _____.
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup cherries (I used canned cherries that my grandpa canned!)
- 1 banana (small)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 packet About Time Strawberry Protein Powder
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Crazy Richards PB (Crunchy)
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Crazy Richards Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup granola or cereal of your choice
- Blend all ingredients at once into a milkshake like consistency. Top with your very favorite toppings! (I like peanut butter, granola, or other fruits!)
My next favorite pie is definitely:
Dutch Apple Pie
My daddy and I both share a love for apple pie, and though he has gone gluten free and more sugar free for the past couple years, we’ve still had the opportunity to have a few apple pies, by the Lord’s mercy!
This smoothie is in honor of my daddy, so we’ll call it, ‘Daddy’s Apple Pie Smoothie.’
- 1 Apple (You could freeze it before hand to make it colder)
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe (Yes cantaloupe!)
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind)
- 1 packet Try About Time Cinnamon Spice Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup yogurt (any kind)
- 1/8-1/4 cup Rachel's Oats
- 1) You can soak all the ingredients overnight and blend it in the morning!
- or you can
- 2) Blend it all in the morning! Make sure to freeze the apple so that the smoothie will be colder.
Then there happens to probably be my very favorite because it combines those magical flavors of:
Chocolate + Peanut Butter
Crazy Richards Peanut Butter is some of the most unique plain peanut butter. It is not salty, so it lends a deep, pure peanut(ish) taste to your smoothie without adding any saltiness. It’s truly one of the most unique, pure peanut butters I’ve ever had.
The best part? You can get it at your local Walmart!
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter (Crazy Richards Crunchy)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 regular graham cracker
- 1 tbsp.-2 tbsp. chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients together in the blender! Then top with graham crackers and chocolate. 🙂 Enjoy. <3
This is not the end of the smoothie series. This is the first part of the series, and I have another ‘cookie’ themed recipe and a ‘blueberry’ themed one to share in the next couple weeks as ‘Part II.’
However, if you have more peanut butter cravings, my friends from Bloggers Gonna Blog shared a few of their favorite ‘Peanut Butter’ Smoothies with me that I wanted to share with you:
1) Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie – Strength and Sunshine
2) Peanut Butter and Banana Kale Smoothie – Leah’s Plate
3) Peanut Butter Date Smoothie – A Traveling Wife
4) Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie – Simply Holistic Girl
Speaking of Nourishing the Soul: (I have another thought to share.)
I’ve been meditating on some verses all day today, since we listened to sermon on God’s mercy and justice. It was really humbling to think about how God shows mercy and God’s justice.
It really is amazing how God’s knowledge and wisdom is so much higher than anything I could ever comprehend, and it truly humbles me when I’m tempted to be arrogant.
The passage we were listening to was Romans 9:14-18, ‘As it is written: “Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.” For He saith to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God who showeth mercy. For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, “Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show My power in thee, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth.” Therefore hath He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will, He hardeneth.’
I can’t claim to deserve God’s mercy, but the fact that God has showered so much mercy on my life, my family’s life, and SO MANY people around me is just incredible!!!!!
Well, I can not leave you with all this talk about the delicious Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter without offering to share some with you!
Crazy Richards and Rachel’s Overnight Oats gifted me extra product that I would love to share with you for a giveaway!
1 Jar of Crazy Richard’s Creamy Peanut Butter (The picture is of the crunchy but you would get creamy)
1 Bag of Rachel’s Cinnamon Overnight Oats (The cinnamon overnight oats have a ‘blue’ label, and they are of course cinnamon, but this is the size of the bag that you will get!)
Rachel is also coming out with a PUMPKIN SPICE overnight oats flavor, so you can bet that’s on my ‘foodie grocery list.’
1. To enter comment on this post with your VERY FAVORITE smoothie combo!
2. Tweet the tweet above for an extra entry! Comment again to let me know you tweeted!
This giveaway is going to end on September 30, 2016. I will email the winner! 🙂 This giveaway is only open to U.S. Residents.
1. Do you like peanut butter that is just peanuts? Do you have a favorite flavored peanut butter and a favorite plain peanut butter?
2. Have you ever put oats in your smoothie?
3. How do you start your morning? How do you get in soul food and physical food?
4. If you read the Bible every day, what verses have you been meditating on lately?
I’ve been thinking on this one from Psalm 62 since yesterday too.
‘Truly my soul waiteth upon God; from Him cometh my salvation.’ (Psalm 62:1)
(Linking up with Fit Foodie Mama, Hello to Fit, Fairy Burger, Chocolate Runner Girl for Foodie Friday, Heather for Friday Favorites, and Amanda for Thinking Out Loud, Mumma’s Scribbles for Twinkly Tuesday, and Running with SD Mom and Erica Finds for the Wednesday Giveaway Roundup!)
For my foodie friends, I found another Foodie Link-up called ‘What’s Cookin’ Wednesday’ that I’m linking up with this Wednesday from ‘Buns in My Oven.’