I received the carrot cake butter in this post in compensation for the recipe. All opinions on the product are my own.
HI everybody!!! Who is ready for another edition of the Top 3 Fridays with Kate and Friday Favorites with Heather?
I’m really digging these ‘Top 3 Friday’s’, because they really allow time to gather up thoughts and lessons from the week and see them all in writing.
This week I’ve been baking, cliff jumping, and thinking about ‘the right and wrong kind of fear’ so we’ll try to combine all of those into one post.
I even have a recipe for you made with the best muscle butter that tastes like carrot cake on a spoon. Thank you You Fresh Naturals for the jar!
What are some of your favorite things from this week? I would love to know in the comments! 🙂
This week I’ve been meditating on a few passages from Scripture over and over, because they have really reminded me where my focus needs to be especially because I get distracted by:
and other lies that the devil tries to throw at me.
So I’ve been clinging to God’s promises, because my life would just be nothing if I did not have the reminder of God’s power and love in His wonderful word.
Let’s start with the:
Top 3 Scripture Meditation Passages
1. This one was a strong reminder of where my confidence needs to be, especially when I’m tempted to be worried and fearful.
1 Chronicles 28:20, ‘And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with you; he will not fail you, nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.’
2. Too often I just act like God has no control over my life, and time and time again, I find that He wants me to ‘be still’, stop running around, and start beholding what He is doing and working.
Psalm 46:8-10, ‘Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.’
3. God is amazing. When God talks to Job and asks him if he has an arm like God, I look at that and realize how often I ‘act’ like I’m in control, when I”m really not. I need to just step back and look at what God is doing.
Job 40: 9-10, ‘Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him? Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.’
I like those horizontal lines, because they help me separate my thoughts…
This week was full of blessings and highs. It’s amazing, because the highs definitely swallow up the ‘lows’ when I write these posts. I’m so thankful Kate prompts us to do this every Friday. 🙂
Baking… I did so much baking this week, and these ‘Carrot Cake Cream Bars’ will be at the end of the post as one of the newest crazy creations from the kitchen!
Cliff Jumping – We went to St. Mary’s Glacier yesterday, and it was AMAZING. I was just so thankful that the Lord gives refreshment in the midst of the spiritual and emotional battles I face every day, and He fills me with more grace and more power and love to face challenges as I come back.
I also got to cliff jump. It was TERRIFYING. I stood at the top of a 30 ft(ish) high cliff for about 30 minutes, and it was a huge exercise in trust. I was praying so much, and by God’s grace alone, I was able to make it off of the cliff, jump in safely, and swim through the FREEZING cold water back onto the shore. It was a refreshing day full of rest in God’s peace. I pray that more and more of my days will be like that, despite the battles.
Late Night and Early Morning and Late Afternoon Scripture Reading… It’s like balm for my soul to read of all God’s faithfulness, His works, His forgiveness, His calls to rebellious children to repent and turn to Him again, His grace, His goodness, His justice, peace, holiness, and goodness..
2 Timothy 3:16-17, ‘All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.’
Top 3 Lows
Well, I am only human, and that does mean that I experience lows… I kind of talked about them in a couple of these posts:
1. When You Doubt Yourself – I’ve been struggling with love lately, struggling to love others, and I was thankful for the reassurances of God’s Word for my heart that is so prone to wanting to doubt.
2. Seeing Others Struggle is so hard for me. I want to heal them, to take away their pain, but I’m reminded that Jesus is the greatest healer. He can heal anyone from the inside out, and I’ve seen His mercy and amazing power of healing. I just need to wait on the Lord, pray, and love the hurting.
3. And is this bad, but I don’t really have a 3rd low?
Top 3 Foods
Now this one is probably one of the easiest for a tired brain to write, because food is such an integral part of our daily lives. And I’m so thankful to God that I don’t think as much about it anymore, so it kind of just happens.
(Not all the time) Most of the time now, I’m really thankful to eat without analyzing everything that goes into my body.
This Peanut Butter from Legendary Foods… They sent me a sample pack, and it is delicious. 🙂 I’m also doing a giveaway for another jar of the Blueberry cashew butter if you haven’t entered yet; today is the last day!
The Last Perfect Bar… Definitely a bittersweet moment. 🙂 Now I’m trying to figure out a way to make a recipe that imitates them (kind of) to hold me over till the next sale.
Before I go onto the top 3 recovery posts and top 3 inspirational blog posts, I’m going to share a recipe for those ‘Carrot Cake Bars.’
- 1/4 cup You Fresh Naturals Carrot Cake Muscle Butter
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. almond milk
- Coconut Cream Frosting
- 1 can of coconut milk (take the cream off of the top after you have refrigerated the can)
- 1 pkg. stevia
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Beat whipped cream with the muscle butter till fluffy! Beat in the 2 eggs and almond milk. Mix in rice flour and protein powder. Sprinkle the baking soda and vanilla into the batter. Mix till well combined. Pour into baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until light and fluffy..
- Meanwhile, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth. Wait till the bars are cooled to spread them with the frosting. Enjoy every creamy bite!
And now for one of my favorite parts… There are so many thoughtful bloggers out there that I follow every week, and these are just a few of their posts for you to read after you’re
bored done here.
Top 3 Recovery Posts
How To Truly Move Happy (A Balanced Relationship with Exercise) – Daily Moves and Grooves
A Love/Hate Relationship with Exercise – Apron Strings and Sticky Fingers
Women, Trade Self Worth for Awe and Wonder – Desiring God
And I must add a fourth…
Are You Really Addicted to Food – Real Life Recovery Diary (Thank you AMANDA!!)
Top 3 Inspirational/Encouraging Posts
Pyjama Games – Southern In Law (The Pyjama foundation sounds AMAZING!)
I Understand – Cup of Catherine (Catherine isn’t afraid to hash out the hard, scary issues.)
What Is Fitness Really About? – Balancing B (YES! I love this all the way!)
Last but certainly not least, do you ever just have lessons that stay really close to you everyday, because you need to be reminded of them?
These Top 3 Lessons for me this week (and hopefully every week for the rest of my life…)
1. Perfect Love Casts Out All Fear: 1 John 4:18, ‘There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.’ The more I think on God’s love the more any of my fear of man or fear of death or tragedy or loss goes away, knowing that He has my life in His hands.
2. The fear of man brings a snare. – The more I worry about what others think about me the more fearful I am, but the more I think of fearing God alone, the more restful, peaceful, and focused life is.
3. Grace is amazing. – Grace, undeserved favor. Wow! I’ve been thinking about the song, ‘Amazing Grace’ and how truly amazing God’s grace really is.
It amazes me that He would take a wretch like me, not just forgive me, but make me a new child despite everything I’ve done. He takes an orphan, bound to sin, and makes her a princess, for His own glory.
This just floods my mind with gratefulness and incredible peace and joy.
God’s grace TRULY smashes every lie of the devil, cleanses my sin, and shows His glory.
What lessons are you learning this week?
What are some inspirational posts you read this week?
What were your top favorite foods from this week?
Would you try the ‘Carrot Cake Cream Bars’ recipe? (Did you think it would have whipping cream?)
Have you ever had ‘peanut butter cup’ peanut butter?