If you put Nutella and peanut butter and more chocolate all together, what do you get? This shouldn’t be a trick question. I really like peanut butter as you all know, and who doesn’t like Nutella or Nutiva, the more hazelnuty (and less sugary version)?
But all that to say, some times a cookie in hand is the best snack to have. I know that I should probably eat an apple sometimes, but I eat a cookie and ice cream instead.
Of course, other times it’s perfectly intuitive to eat a banana and almond butter and chocolate.
However, cookies, baking, sugar, Nutella are all gifts from God, and they are meant to be enjoyed and used to bless others…. One of my favorite things to do on a slow afternoon in the kitchen when my brain isn’t quite working correctly to do any really heavy brain work, I BAKE.
But don’t worry. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t measure these amounts carefully and that I’m just throwing a recipe at you. Thankfully, my brain is engaged enough to write a recipe, put in right amounts, roll cookie dough balls, and put them on a cookie sheet.
Nutella chocolate cookies will forever be one of my favorites.
Before we talk about these cookies first you need to go check out Ashley’s recipe. It’s so easy, and I even made it gluten free for my dad with Bob’s Red Mill flour.
Ok, now these cookies have my favorite superfood, Purely Pinole even snuck into them, but you can’t even taste it. So if you don’t want to eat it for a breakfast porridge, you can mix it into cookies instead.
Hint: That was a reminder to go enter the giveaway for some Purely Pinole!
These cookies are:
My recommendation would be to eat these within 1-2 days, or they seem to go stale and lose some of that really good flavor. 🙂
Without further delay for this ‘Thinking out Loud Thursday’ with Amanda, let’s think this recipe out loud. 😀 Or I could say, ‘Let’s write this recipe out.’
Triple Chocolate Nutella Brownie Thumbprints
A brownie like cookie with Nutella, a secret superfood, and chunks of white chocolate throughout.
- 2 tbsp. Nutella
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. oatmeal
- 2 Tbsp. Purely Pinole (Original flavor)
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (Or Wheat or white flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Soften the coconut oil, but DO not melt. Beat the coconut sugar into it until fluffy. Add peanut butter and Nutella. Combine well, and beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, Purely Pinole, cocoa powder, oats, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls. Press a Reese's piece or M'n'm or chocolate chip into the middle with your thumb (thumbprints, right?) Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on what kind of cookie consistency you like. <3
- ENJOY IT and God's awesome gifts of chocolate and all that deliciousness.
A few more thoughts on this Thursday:
#1) Jesus’ Words are life.
‘Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe? Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.’ (John 16:31-311)
#2) My family is amazing. (Old photo but good.)
#3) The Lord is My Fortress.
‘The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.’ (Psalm 18:2-3)
Ok now let’s talk:
1) What is your FAVORITE COOKIE EVER?
2) What are you thankful for today?
3) Nutella? Love it or hate it?
Pin for LATER!