(Who else loves train tracks as much as I do? And the mountains beyond = bliss. God’s creation is incomparably AWESOME.)
It’s Five things Friday with Clare, and I will try to condense our day of adventure to just that (only 5 things). Yesterday was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and this is what a day of adventure looks like in our house.
Yesterday was my sister’s 15th birthday, and that meant we got to do something super fun called ‘Whitewater rafting.’
Have you ever been white-water rafting? If you haven’t, you must go, soon. Come to my house and we can go again together (as long as you want to pay! 😉
Well, my siblings are very spontaneous when it comes to a day out. When we were in Europe last year I truly learned the meaning of spontaneity.
Going out holds a mix of fear and excitement for me. I love the adventure, but I still have an inkling of fear of not having ‘control’ over what I eat or missing a ‘workout’, but it is such a good opportunity to relax, enjoy God’s creation, and trust Him for this element of my life too.
This day of adventure had so many moments of fun and smiles and lots of yawning, but I wanted to share 5 of those things with you all today!
1. Opening Presents. It’s a birthday, so we started with the biggest present. She’s gotten quite a bit bigger in the past 15 years. <3 her.
2. Eating a little ole stack of pancakes before a big day on the river.
3. Taking pictures of an abandoned train car. It was so cool. . . I could almost imagine the engineer in the front and people in the car . . .
4. Eating Dessert at Country Buffet. 😉 We used to go to Country Buffet almost once a month when I was younger… It was pretty nostalgic returning, and I praise God that going out to restaurants is not a source of anxiety like it used to be to me.
This picture is of my sister’s birthday dessert… My carrot cake and icecream didn’t look quite as colorful. ;-D
5. Making beards out of cotton candy. Isn’t she cute?
And I didn’t take pictures of white-water rafting, because I didn’t really want to get my I-pod wet, and it’s SO nice to unplug for several hours and just enjoy the glory and beauty of God’s creation.
Psalm 19:1, ‘The heavens declare the glory of God. The firmament showeth His handiwork.”
What does a day of adventure look like for you?
Have you ever been on a train?
Have you ever been white-water rafting?